Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I will never lobby for Nandi Award : Balakrishna


Nandamuri Balakrishna Today criticized the prestegious Nandi awards, which are presented annually in Andhra Pradesh for Telugu cinema by State government.

"There was a discussion on how many Nandi Awards my father could have bagged. But, in my opinion even he may be ignored by the award committee. I got Nandi Award for one of my films. It was the first Nandi award for my family. But, unfortunately I got it when my brother-in-law(N.Chandrababu Naidu) was chief minister of the state. Many of them have thought that I had lobbied for the award. But, I didn't do any lobbying for the Nandi Award and I will never do that," said Balakrishna.

Actor R.Narayana Murthy came down heavily on the Nandi awards committee and state government.

"No government has recognized and appreciated us. We made a film based on the current problems in the society. But, the government has failed to recognize it," said R.Narayana Murthy.

No comments: